- About Us
- Dental Implants
- Single-sitting root canal treatment
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- For senior citizens
- Orthodontics (Braces/Aligners)
- Kids Dental treatment
- Gums Treatment
- Crowns & Bridges
- Radiology (RVG & Full mouth x ray)
- DQ Cares
Cast Partial Denture
A cast partial denture is a type of partial denture comprising a cast metal framework with acrylic resin prosthetic teeth. Traditional acrylic partial dentures are less durable, less retentive, and weaker than cast partial dentures. Cast partial dentures are a type of removable dental prosthesis that can replace one or more missing teeth in the mouth. They are made of a metal framework, usually cast from a cobalt-chromium alloy, which is then covered by an acrylic or composite resin base and artificial teeth. Cast partial dentures are popular because they offer a balance of comfort, stability, and durability.
The following are some benefits of cast partial dentures –
Benefits of cast partial dentures
- One of the main advantages of cast partial dentures is their strength and durability. The metal framework is highly resistant to fracture and can withstand the forces of chewing and biting. Additionally, the metal framework can be adjusted if necessary to maintain a comfortable fit over time.
- To create a cast partial denture, a dentist will first take an impression of the patient’s mouth, which will be used to create a stone model of the teeth and gums. The metal framework is then fabricated on the model using a casting technique. The framework is designed to fit snugly against the remaining teeth, ensuring stability and preventing unwanted movement during eating and speaking. The artificial teeth are then attached to the framework using acrylic or composite resin.
- However, cast partial dentures may not be suitable for everyone. Patients with a metal allergy or a strong gag reflex may not be good candidates. Additionally, the metal framework may be visible when the patient smiles or talks, which can be a cosmetic concern for some patients.
- Overall, cast partial dentures can be an effective solution for patients with missing teeth. It is important to consult with a dentist to determine if cast partial dentures are the best option for individual needs and preferences.